I have enjoyed working with computers for almost as long as I can remember. The earliest computer my parents bought us was a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A. Years passed and we had a Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer (CoCo) 2. My older brother later bought a CoCo 3. I briefly used an Apple II series computer in elementary school. I definitely do not miss the days of dot matrix printers.
I used computers of that era to learn programming in BASIC. In middle school, I remember taking a night school class with my parents and other adults and I ended up helping the teacher with BASIC programming and other early computing topics. Later during college, I took some classes in programming in C.
My wife and I are avid technophiles. You’ll rarely find us without some sort of device in our hands doing research, writing, drawing, photo-editing, creating websites, making ebooks, watching media, etc.
We cut the cord with cable TV years ago. We watch shows though Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, iTunes, Netflix, and Plex. Our main media devices are a Roku 4K TV, a Roku 3, and an Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Our collection is organized by the list below.
- Foscam FI8931W Wireless IP Cameras
- Foscam FI8910W Wireless IP Cameras
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer
- Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Dual Network TV Tuner
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo Wii
- Sega Dreamcast
- Sony PlayStation
- Sony PlayStation 2
- Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (First Generation)
- Roku 3
- TCL Roku 4K TV
- Self-built Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM Desktop PC
- Running Windows 10 Home
- Self-built Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM Desktop PC
- Running Windows 10 Pro and other operating systems
- Dell Chromebook 7310 13 Core i3-5005U 2.0 GHz, 4GB RAM
- Running Windows 10 Pro and Gallium OS 2.1
- HP Pavilion dv6-6c13cl Notebook PC (AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M 1.5/2.4 GHz, 6 GB RAM)
- Running Windows 7 Home Premium
- Raspberry Pi 3B with pi-topCEED & SenseHAT
- Raspberry Pi Zero W with PiDrive
- iPhone 6 Plus – 128GB
- Amazon Kindle Fire (First Generation)
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10 (2017, Seventh Generation)