April 2014 to July 2016, Draper, UT
- Trained teammates on chemical safety and the operation of contact angle measurement systems, environmental chambers, cleanliness testing, handling, microsectioning, microscopy, spectroscopy, sample preparation, and other equipment.
- Served as a technical consultant and resident Subject Matter Expert (SME) on vacuum deposited and hybrid coatings, as well as conventional conformal coatings, electronics manufacturing materials and processes, cleaning, cleanliness testing, plasma treatment processes, adhesion promotion, manufacturability, and industry best practices.
- Presented “Protecting electronics from the deleterious effects of liquids and other contaminants at the molecular level” at the IPC-SMTA High-Reliability Cleaning and Conformal Coating Conference in November 2014.
- Presented “Surface preparation is critical for conformal coating protection” at the SMTA Intermountain Chapter Meeting in March 2016 with Robert “Dusty” Askin III.
- Wrote “Competitive analysis of Parylene coatings based on metrology” that was published in the November 2015 issue of Printed Circuit Design & Fab/Circuits Assembly.
Research Associate/Chemist, ACI Technologies, Inc.
May 2008 to January 2014, Philadelphia, PA
- Trained teammates on the operation of chromatography, cleanliness testing, microscopy, solderability testing, spectroscopy, sample preparation, and other equipment.
- Served as a technical consultant and resident Subject Matter Expert (SME) on topics regarding atomic layer deposition (ALD); conductive epoxies, conformal coatings, corrosion, high voltage encapsulants, sensor networks for energy management, and others.
- Wrote eleven articles for EMPFasis, a publication of the Electronics Manufacturing Productivity Facility (EMPF), of which two were republished in Printed Circuit Design & Fab/Circuits Assembly: The Journal of Surface Mount and Electronics Assembly.
- Wrote “Failure analysis techniques for electronics” instructional and technical marketing book with a case studies companion presentation for commercial services and professional skills training courses.
- Updated curriculum and delivered instruction for professional skills training courses: Failure Analysis and Reliability Testing in Electronics and Electronics Manufacturing Boot Camps.
- Updated curriculum and delivered a custom one-day lecture course on Failure Analysis and Reliability Testing in Electronics in New Albany, IN on September 20, 2013.
- Updated failure analysis curriculum for Communications-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC) electronics manufacturing course sequence for the US Army.
- Initiated, developed a process, and trained others on eBook production and editing; delivering ePub (.epub) and Mobipocket (.mobi) versions of six books published by ACI that existed previously as print and PDF editions.
Staff Scientist, NanoSelect, Inc.
May 2006 to March 2008, Newark, DE
- Wrote SOPs and helped train users to operate the electrochemistry equipment and perform electropolymerizations, as well as organic chemistry methods for surface passivation.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division
February 2005 to May 2006, China Lake, CA
- Wrote SOPs and helped train users to operate the NMR spectrometers.
Organic Chemistry Tutor, University of Southern California
January 2001 to December 2004, Los Angeles, CA
- Provided personalized instruction for undergraduate organic chemistry lecture courses.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Southern California
August 2000 to May 2001, Los Angeles, CA
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Texas A & M University
August 1999 to May 2000, College Station, TX
- Instructed multiple laboratory sections of undergraduate organic chemistry courses with as many as 30 students per class.